Tuesday, October 20, 2009

October 20th, 2009 "Hail Ceasar!!" (quoth Ellen Bloom)

The CeasarStone has finally arrived! At 9am this fine day the truck pulled into the driveway and these two strapping men on the left had all the stone moved up the back stairs in a matter of minutes. They will spend the rest of the morning notching and fitting and joining everything together. So far no breaks, no drops, no chips. Fingers crossed!!


I was almost weeping when I took this picture. Oh joy!

This is Bob, the stone guy. He had to drive back to his shop (near LAX) because they forgot they had taken our sink.


I love it so much! The color is vibrant.

What a relief to finally have the counter tops here...


Whoops! The sink doesn't fit! What now?

This under the sink shot show the cabinets need to be cut away.

After a few hours of chiseling, Bob and Ricardo get a perfect fit!

Art surveys the work.

This is where my food will be stored.

6 comments:

  1. OMFG! it's a miracle! dreams of green have come true! hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halleloooyah! It's been an epic wait.
    xxxo Bird

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hail Caesar! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the color of that apple green Caesarstone! I can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just got linked up to your blog via Ellen.
    That countertop is amazing. What a super fantastic color. I lovelovelove it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The countertop looks fantastic and it appears that Art approves. I love, love, love Art!

    Love,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, I love, love, love the color! It's even more beautiful than I'd imagined it would be. Congrats!

    XOXO,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete