Saturday, August 22, 2009

August 21 She Comes In Colours

Rick and I have a reputation for struggling with color choices. Rick admits to putting off this part of the journey, dreading the conflict. Since the late afternoon light is so much warmer than midday, I have taken a half day off of work in order to start playing with different sample shades. Our beloved Koontz Hardware has little samplers of Benjamin Moore colors. I pick up a huge selection before coming home. I'm hoping to convince him that the stone, tiles, backsplash, and exposed Doug Fir are enough color for one room, that we should stick with neutral paint colors. I use a piece of chartreuse fabric to represent the huge amount of "Apple Martini" CaesarStone. (Imported)




3 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Lori. Pick a color or shade of a color that's represented in the backsplash tile for the paint on the walls. All that apple green is gonna really take-over the area...neutrals are best. Rick can jazz it all up with colorful pictures on the walls and kitchen towels, potholders, etc! You could paint the ceiling a wild color....just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback Ellen. I really like the direction of the two colors on the far right. The white is richly substantial and the yellow is warm and soothing, like creme fraiche and butter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. boooooo China....Boooo
    Sorry about your stone, that is a very long delay. We are only 1 day behind schedule, which is a miracle. check out my blog at http://www.dawnarmstrong.com

    ReplyDelete